Keeping up with class and trends is what we want to achieve when we dress up for an occasion. A watch is part of a dress code that communicates a lot, not to others only but also yourself. Owning a smartwatch will not only shape your lifestyle by time-keeping but has numerous advantages that I will discuss with you.
Which women's smartwatch is best?
Buy On Amazon
What is a smartwatch?
A smartwatch is a touch-screen-enabled wristwatch that can connect to a phone through Bluetooth or Wi-Fi. Smartwatches offer more than just time. They are used as fitness trackers, play music, navigation, make or receive notifications, emergency calls, fall detection, and fashion.
The newest models of smartwatches can do extremely more than just time and add style to your fashionable looks. The best smartwatch combines beauty and brains that bring you slim profiles, sleek designs, and bold color pallets.
The smartwatches are tested for ease of use, reliability, accuracy, fit, and features. In incidents, you can wear the smartwatch in a pool: is it water-resistant? Having a waterproof smartwatch is a deal compared to having a water-resistant one. The reason being a water-resistant watch will only work on little showers or splashes of water. A waterproof watch instead gives you the comfort of diving inside the pool while still offering the functions. They have been tested on women in a case of if you fall. There is a fall detection meaning that if you had a fall while working out, it would alert your emergency contacts.
Let us look into the best smartwatch for women.
1. Apple Watch Series, 6
- GPS model lets you take calls and reply to texts from your wrist
- Measure your blood oxygen with an all-new sensor and app
- Check your heart rhythm with the ECG app
- The Always-On Retina display is 2.5x brighter outdoors when your wrist is down
- S6 SiP is up to 20% faster than Series 5
The Apple company has improved the Apple series 6 for women even though they didn't invent the watch. Instead, the watch functions to deliver the exact clean design and controls from the same brand's smartphones and computers.
The Series 6 exceeds expectations with fitness tracking performance; this includes measuring blood oxygen levels with an oximeter it possesses. It also enables sleep tracking by monitoring sleep hours to achieve sleep quality and track sleep patterns. It also has an FDA-certified heart rate tracker to facilitate cardiac issues.
The brightness level of this smartwatch is always on the retina level, meaning that you will never miss a beat. Interestingly, the watch beats the rules of aesthetics by not mistaking its Apple form. The familiar rectangle case comes in more colors and a wider range of straps that includes a slick braided silicone band.
2. KATE SPADE NEW YORK Scallop 2
- Powered with Wear OS by Google. Compatible with Android OS 4.4+ (excluding Go) and iOS 9.3+. All devices have Bluetooth(R) 4.1 Low Energy and Wi Fi 802.11 b/g/n. Compatible with Android and iPhones, supported features may vary between platforms
- Heart Rate & Activity Tracking using Google Fit to track your at-home workouts; unthethered GPS activity tracking; Swimproof design; Responses from Google Assistant - always ready to help; Take advantage of contactless pay with your watch using Google Pay
- Make the most of your down time with a smartwatch that helps with every activity. Stay connected to friends and family with phone calls and messages right on your wrist. Keep tabs on your health with guided breathing exercises, custom goal & alarm settings
- Estimated 24 hour battery life based on usage; magnetic USB rapid charger included; charge up to 80 percent in under an hour
- Case Size Gift Set: 41mm; Band Size: 16mm; interchangeable with any 18mm bands; imported. Water resistant to 50m (165ft): can withstand splashes, shower and is suitable for swimming. It is not suitable for water sports, pool-side diving or sea diving
Choose a watch to complement your look for the day. Your outfit will match this smartwatch due to its stylish design. So match your Kate Spade smartwatch with your outfit today and leave people turning their heads to see how stunning you look.
Besides being pretty, it has a heart rate sensor and a built-in GPS, plus the NFC ( near field communication) that enables the mobile payment feature to come in handy when shopping. It also possesses a Google assistant app with voice activation that lets you receive phone calls without using your smartphone.
The Kate Spade Scallop 2 also features a waterproof aspect which makes you flexible to even swim with it. In addition, you can aesthetically choose to coordinate your watch with your favorite garments.
3. SAMSUNG Galaxy Watch Active 2 Smart Watch
- Better insights to reach your fitness goals get more out of every mile thanks to built-in pace coaching on the Galaxy Watch Active2. Its advanced sensors keep your pace to help you better achieve your run goals.
- Comfortably sleek the Galaxy Watch Active2 is light enough to wear anywhere comfortably. It comes in aluminum or stainless steel and with a variety of faces, bands and finishes so it goes with anything.
- Keep your beat. You can see if your heart rate is where you want it with Galaxy Watch Active2. Get automatically alerted if your watch detects a high or a low heart rate. This device and related software are not intended for use in the diagnosis of disease or other conditions, or in the cure, Mitigation, treatment or prevention of disease.
- Level up your downtime. Galaxy Watch active2’s built-in sleep tracker offers valuable insights on how to get a better night’s sleep. It also monitors your stress level and helps you recently with the integrated calm app. This device and related software are not intended for use in the diagnosis of disease or other conditions, or in the cure, mitigation, treatment or prevention of disease.
If you are a sporty person, you know how it is important to have a smartwatch that can keep pace. This sport model is up to the challenge. The Samsung Galaxy Watch Active 2 is The Android and iOS compatible smartwatch with a fitness tracker that tracks a range of exercises-running, cycling, rowing, plus an added advantage of fall detection. Fall detection gives peace of mind during exercises knowing that in case of an emergency, it will signal an alarm to close contacts in case of any harm detected.
The fitness watch has various downloadable third-party apps that offer guided assistance on specific sports like golf, swimming, and running. It also keeps tabs on what happens within your body, such as menstrual cycle tracking, sleep tracking, and stress management. The amazing part of this all is that you can keep your Samsung smartwatch on when you're outdoors thanks to its sleek design and rich offering of case finishes and straps.
4. Watch 2 Sport Smartwatch HUAWEI
- Built-in GPS and continuous heart rate: monitor your heart rate and track your workout routes without your phone
- Scientific sleep tracking: HUAWEI TruSleep keeps track of light, deep and REM sleep stages to make your sleep truly restful
- Workout Coach: get real-time guidance and workout data such as recovery time and Vo2 Max. Bluetooth: 2.4 GHz Bluetooth 4.1 BLE + BR/EDR
- NFC and Google assistant: make payments and have a personal voice assistant from your wrist. More than 2 days’ usage* and get even longer battery life with Watch Mode in which the watch still counts your steps.
- Music and power: download and listen to music with Google Play Music on your watch. You can optimize power consumption settings to get the most out of your device
The Huawei Watch 2 Sport is the best fit for a sporty look. Suppose you want to have a sweaty look or are going to a gym. You can accessorize it in your garment since it has a standalone 4G connectivity and built-in GPS; in this, you can link your phone to this fitness smartwatch without having to carry your phone along.
The advantage is that it can receive real-time guidance as you go through the Workout Coach app. In addition, the onboard Google assistant is convenient in making payments and checking notifications with the flick of your wrist. Huawei Watch 2 Sport series users also are amused by its ability to optimize battery life. It includes a watch-mode setting that shuts down juice-draining features to provide up to 25 days of power. This feature gives the sports watch an advantage over the rest because of its great battery life. The battery life is long and can last more than a day.
5. Fossil Gen 5 Julianna Touchscreen Smartwatch
- Smartwatches powered with Wear OS by Google work with iPhone and Android Phones. Case size: 44mm; Band size: 22mm; interchangeable with all Fossil 22mm bands
- Battery: 24 Hr + multi day extended mode **Varies based on usage and after updates install**. USB cable with magnetic charger snaps to rings on watch caseback and spins 360 degrees for ease of use. Charge up to 80% in under an hour
- Heatlh and fitness: Heart Rate & Activity Tracking using Google Fit; Built-in GPS for distance tracking; Swimproof design 3ATM; New wellness enchancements allow you to track sleep history, monitor your restfulness and set sleep goals
- Black silicone watch band with stainless steel buckle closure; Closure: single prong strap buckle. Fossil's innovative quick release pins make it easy to switch your watch strap.
- Band Width: 22mm; interchangeable with 22mm Fossil watches; compatible with any watch case with 12mm lugs
If you are a google fanatic, having a watch powered by the same operating system will enable access to things like Gmail and Google Assistant. The Fossil Gen 5 Julianna Touchscreen Smartwatch has a built-in microphone that allows you to answer calls at your wrist. You can also issue voice messages in the home, adjust the temperature, turn on the lights, lock the front door. Furthermore, it has an option for contactless payments through Google Pay. The Fossil Gen 5 Julianna is compatible with both Android phones and iPhones.
Regardless of its chunky design, its case is still feminine, especially the rose gold finish.
Factors to consider when buying the best smartwatches for women
1. How well is it built?
When looking for a smartwatch, consider a comfortable one because smartwatches with big cases can look and feel clunky. You will need a comfortable wristband that doesn't look like a toy. You might venture into a leather band if you are looking for a stylish look. Look for customization of the form of watch you want in straps too.
If you are a sweaty person or want to go swimming, a waterproof watch will come in handy. Remember that being water-resistant will only make it survive some rain showers, but waterproof means it can work well even when submerged into water.
2. Is the watch compatible with your phone?
When selecting a smartwatch, the most important aspect is by choosing the platform the smartwatch runs. Unfortunately, most smartwatches use their manufacturer's proprietary, while others adopt a mainstream one, such as Android Wear.
The advantage of Android Wear is that it works with both Android smartphones and iPhones. On the other hand, Watch OS and Apple developed platform is designed only for Apple Watch devices. Of course, all this depends on your model with varying levels of support for your phone's OS and the apps used.
Smartwatches have connectivity features added to them, such as an onboard GPS that helps you track routes during workouts without carrying your phone.
3. Calling using your smartwatch
The amazing feature about e-SIM support is the smartwatch feature that lets it use your phone number to make calls. This feature is available today on the Apple Watch Series 3, so you don't have to carry your phone everywhere you go. To make this call, you usually connect to your smartphone's network via Bluetooth.
Some smartwatches, such as Samsung Galaxy Watch Active 2, are available on LTE cellular. This option is expensive, but it is advantageous because you will not have to carry your phone everywhere you go. If you want to make calls via your smartwatch without purchasing an LTE model, you can choose from the Apple smartwatch models, which offer the best value.
The feature is only possible if your smartphone offers Wi-Fi calling; your Apple Watch will be able to make calls via Wi-Fi even if the phone is not present.
4. Focus on fitness
Most of the smartwatches have activity tracking features that monitor your walk, run, and how you sleep. In addition, they possess fitness features such as a built-in heart rate monitor to know how much effort you are using. In addition, most smartwatches have the '3 Axis Accelerometer' that measures steps, runs, and speed. It ensures activity tracking, which helps in sorting information that helps in fitness maintenance.
5. How long will it tick?
It is difficult to tell how much power that can last a smartwatch. Smartwatches with bright, large screens would possibly take much power to last a day. You would probably consider battery-saving modes to sustain power. When smartwatches are charged overnight, the accumulated charge can last up to a day. The only way of limiting power usage is limiting the number of features as they take up much power. On average, a smartwatch will last with power for one or two days. To improve your battery life, you should turn down brightness and remove the app's always-on display.
Frequently asked questions on Smartwatches.
1. Will Smartwatches replace traditional watches?
The high chances are that smartwatches will replace traditional watches; this is already evident with the current trends. The best-selling smartwatches are hybrid watches that look like traditional watches.
Moreover, a smartwatch is relatively affordable than a traditional watch. You can purchase a smartwatch barely at $130.Other than that, you can charge the watch electronically, avoiding the hustle of buying a replacement battery in the case of power cutouts. With all these said, it seems that smartwatches will replace traditional watches.
2. Can smartwatches work without a smartphone?
The answer is YES. Some smartwatches do not operate on a smartphone. These are The Apple Watch series and the Samsung Galaxy Watch because they have their cellular connection. This premium feature is paid for on google pay to allow you to make calls and reply to texts. You also can get smartphone notifications on your smartwatch.
The disadvantage of this will drain the battery of your smartwatch. Therefore, you need a smartwatch with great battery life. Another alternative to a cellular connection and cutting on expenses is finding a smartwatch with Wi-Fi capabilities. The disadvantage is that you will carry your phone everywhere because your smartwatch will not communicate by sending messages. Communication is only possible if you use internet-based services like WhatsApp or Messenger.
3. Can smartwatches play music?
The answer is YES. For entertainment, smartwatches can play music and can be connected to Wi-Fi to stream music online. Some smartwatches connect to your Bluetooth directly so you can enjoy music at a go. Smartwatch features such as built-in storage allow for use as an mp3 player. Some will pair with your smartphone's music player.
A smartwatch gives you the advantage of enjoying hands-free music by simply controlling your music with a single tap of the display. Most smartwatches support music apps such as Spotify. In addition, brands like Apple, Samsung, LG, and Garmin are great for music lovers.