The world has currently been brought to its knees by the pandemic, and everyone is required to stay safe, with most places under a lockdown or public distancing advisory. Therefore, people spend most of their time at home, having to operate from the house. From working, playing games, holding meetings, entertainment and gatherings like weddings, everything has been moved online. With all activities dependent on your Wi-Fi, you will need a Wifi router that will ensure strong connectivity. Let us have a look at the best router under 100 bucks for your uninterrupted home use.
Best Wireless Router Under 100 Bucks
1. NETGEAR Nighthawk Smart Wi-Fi Router
- Recommended for up to 25 devices: Reliably stream videos, play games, surf the internet, and connect smart home devices
- Wired Ethernet ports: Plug in computers, game consoles, streaming players, and other nearby wired devices with 4 x 1 gigabit Ethernet ports
- Loaded with advanced technology: Designed with a 1GHz dual core processor, 3 amplified antennas, Beamforming plus, Dynamic QoS, Smart Connect, and more
- USB connections: Share a storage drive or printer with any connected device or create a personal cloud storage to access from anywhere, using the 1 x 3.0 USB port
- Safe & secure: Supports WPA2 wireless security protocols. Includes Guest Wi-Fi access, DOS, Firewall, VPN, and more.
NETGEAR smart Wi fi router allows you to add voice control by connecting an Alexa device. The router can connect with up to 25 devices while reliably streaming videos, playing games and surfing the internet. You can connect smart home devices like gaming consoles, computers or streaming players via one-by-four gigabit ethernet ports. The router has advanced technology featuring a 1GHz dual-core processor, three amplified antennas, beamforming plus, dynamic QoS, and smart connect, which can share a printer or storage driver using the one by 3.0 USB port. The router is safe and secure and supports WPA2 wireless security protocols, including a guest wireless protocol, firewall, VPN, and more. NETGEAR armour will protect your Wi-Fi and the connected devices from external internet threats. You can be easy knowing that you have anti-malware and data protection for all the wireless devices, computers, smartphones and any security cameras that can connect to the internet. You will get a 30-day free trial for the anti-malware product before you can decide whether to go for it or not.
System requirements for using Wi-Fi include; Microsoft Windows 7, 8, 10, Vista, XP, 2000, Mac OS, UNIX, or Linux. Internet Explorer 5.0, Firefox 2.0, Safari 1.4, or Google Chrome 11.0 browsers or higher versions.
2. TP-Link Archer Smart Wi-Fi Router
- JD Power Award ---Highest in customer satisfaction for wireless routers 2017 and 2019
- Router for wireless internet, works with Alexa, compatible with all Wi-Fi devices, 802.11ac and older
- Dual band router upgrades to 1750 Mbps high speed internet(450mbps for 2.4GHz, 1300Mbps for 5GHz), reducing buffering and ideal for 4K streaming
- Gigabit Router with 4 Gigabit LAN ports, fast access to multiple connected wired devices, Ideal as a gaming router
TP-Link Archer smart Wi-Fi router is a dual-band gigabit wireless internet router for use at home. The router is compatible with all Wi-Fi devices 802. 11 AC and older devices. The wireless router updates to an internet speed of 1750 Mbps reducing buffering and making 4k streaming easier. The dual-band router can upgrade.
The router has three external antennas for long-range Wi-Fi coverage. The wireless device is one of the best routers under 100 bucks, with 4-gigabit ethernet ports for a fast access to multiple connected wired devices. TP wireless routers are ideal for gaming devices. The router has one USB port that acts as a media server, making it easy to share your USB drive content with other devices or cloud storage.
TP-Link Tether app is easy to set up for home management of the Wi-Fi for filtering content and monitoring devices. The wireless router works with Alexa and covers a total area of 2,500 square feet, covering your home network sufficiently. An outstanding warranty of 2 years makes the device one of the best wireless routers for under 100 bucks. With TP routers, you can connect up to 50 devices which will work seamlessly without buffering or lagging when streaming. You can achieve a 4k streaming experience with the wireless router, which has dual-band Wi-Fi.
TP-link can be connected to the Alexa voice command making it possible to turn guest Wi-Fi on and off with the feature. The wireless router can connect to the TP OneMesh, a simple way to form a network with a single Wi-Fi name using the range extender.
3. Linksys EA6350 Dual-Band Wi-Fi Router
- Provides up to 1,000 square feet of Wi-Fi coverage for 10 wireless devices
- Works with existing modem, simple setup through Linksys app
- Enjoy 4K HD streaming, gaming and more in high quality without buffering
- Dual band Wi-Fi speeds upto 1.2 Gbps (2.4 GHz / N300 Mbps) plus (5 GHz / AC867 Mbps)
- Gigabit Ethernet ports provide wired transfer speeds 10 times faster than fast Ethernet
Linksys router is a wireless device with a high-quality output covering up to 1 000 square feet, supporting up to 10 wireless devices. The router features four LAN ports and a USB 3.0 port. You can stream videos, play online games and surf the internet with multiple devices without interruptions or lag. The router has gigabit ethernet ports which provide ten times faster speeds than normal ethernet.
The router has beamforming technology, enabling the router to identify and connect directly with other devices rather than sending the signal in general directions. This feature results in faster internet speeds, reduced interference from other devices, better wireless range and stronger WiFi connections.
The router is designed to deliver optimally wired and wireless connectivity with its AC technology which lets you enjoy faster internet speeds.
4. ASUS rt Wi-Fi Gaming Router
- 1GHz CPU powers dual-band 3x3 802.11ac Wi-Fi technology for speeds up to 1750Mbps and wide, responsive coverage for large homes. Coverage area - 3,000 square feet
- Monitor and manage your network with ease from your mobile device using the intuitive ASUS Router App; Firewall：SPI intrusion detection,DoS protection
- Effortless router setup with ASUSWRT web-based interface. OS Support - Linux,Windows 8,Windows 10,Windows 7 ,Mac OS X or higher,Windows 8.1,Windows XP
- Integrated USB 3.0 and 2.0 ports enable printer sharing throughout your network and remote file access with AiCloud 2.0 support
- AiProtection Powered by Trend Micro provides multi-stage protection from vulnerability detection to protecting sensitive data
The ASUS rt Wi-Fi gaming router is a dual-band router gigabit wireless internet device for gaming and streaming with high-speed internet connectivity of up to 1750 Mbps. Asus has a wide and responsive coverage of up to 3 000 square feet of strong, uninterrupted connectivity. You can monitor and manage the Wi-Fi from the comfort of your phone for your family's safety and well-being. The router comes with SPI intrusion detection and DoS protection.
The router is effortless to set up using the WRT web-based interface. The router can support systems including Windows, Mac OS, and Linux. The router has USB 3.0 and2.0 ethernet ports which enable printer sharing by multiples users. You can access files remotely using AiCloud 2.0 support to integrate with the router making Asus one of the most useful budget routers.
The WiFi router AiProtection powered by trend micro provides multi-stage protection from any malicious elements that might put your data at risk.
5. Medialink AC1200 Wireless Gigabit Router
- 10X’S THE SPEED: Most routers in this price range have only “Fast Ethernet” ports that max out at 100Mbps. Our router has Gigabit ports to give you 1,000Mbps for lag-free 4K video streaming & gaming.
- RANGE: Beamforming and 2 high powered antennas work together to cover larger homes by focusing the wireless signal directly to your device
- SAFE: Robust firewall and wireless security keeps out unwanted visitors while Guest Network access gives a separate safe and secure connection to guests
- FULL CONTROL: Are the router lights too bright? Turn them off! Are your kids staying online too late at night? Restrict access to only the times you want
- RANGE EXTENDER: Extend any existing wireless network using the Universal Range Extender Mode to cover even larger areas & keep all your devices on the same network
Medialink AC1200 is a wireless router that can deliver 1,000 Mbps for a seamless 4k streaming, unlike most routers in this range, making Medialink the best budget router. The router has beamforming, two high powered antennas that work together to cover larger spaces by focusing the wifi on your device. The router is safe and has a firewall that keeps away unwanted visitors while the Guest network gives a safe and secure connection.
You can restrict connection whenever you want because of the monitoring features to keep kids protected at all times. The universal range extender mode and the wifi can cover a decent amount of floor space.
Factors to Consider Before Buying a Router
a) Multi-Core Processor
The router you choose should be able to handle more users and deal with more data. A router with a bigger number of cores will perform better than single-core routers. You can get routers under 100 bucks with more than single-core processors like the ones reviewed above. A router with 1.2GHz will outdo one with 950MHz.
b) Smartphone Application
You should be able to control your router remotely without having to move to the mounted position physically. You can change or set passwords, configurations and manage the main features like voice command and bandwidth. You can monitor activities through your phone and know the screen time for every device.
c) USB Ports
The routers should have a USB port, preferably USB 3.0. A USB will make it possible to share files between devices or store them in the cloud.
d) Quality of Service
Go for routers with high and advanced QoS instead of a plain QoS. An advanced QoS manages how bandwidth is automatically split based on algorithms with limited user engagement.
e) Smart Integration
Check if the router is compatible with Alexa or any smart devices. This feature will make using the router a great and intuitive experience.
The router needs to have a strong firewall, anti-virus, VPN, GPN and other advanced security features.
g) Mesh Wi-Fi Support
Mesh wifi creates an ecosystem for the internet to work in a large area with the same strength connected with other devices. Some routers have their Mesh wifi, while others are compatible with a Mesh ecosystem which needs to be sourced separately. Apart from the Mesh method, routers can have mu mimo technology integrated in them. Mu mimo is a method through which a router can have inputs and outputs to link different devises, optimizing their strength and output.