Sometimes headphones, especially wired headsets, give you real trouble when you want to get them from your bag. The cable tangles itself around other items, and maybe one time, you damaged it when retrieving them. The best retractable Bluetooth earbuds save you this hassle owing to their unique design.
They are Bluetooth headsets with a neckband into which the cables retract when you are not using them. Even when you use them, you decide how long of a cable you want to be exposed while the rest lays inside the neckband.
The retractable design is not the only feature that makes these headphones so good. They also come with excellent sound qualities, noise cancellation, long battery life, and maximum ergonomic support. When you are looking for a great pair of the best Bluetooth headphones, the following are the top five you can buy now.
1. Bose SoundSport
- A high quality audio experience, consistently balanced at any volume, thanks to Bose active EQ. Connectivity technology: Wireless
- Wireless convenience, with easy Bluetooth and NFC pairing aided by voice prompts
- Exclusive stay hear and tips keep the headphones comfortably in place during workouts
- Sweat and weather resistance for reliability while exercising
- Up to 6 hours battery life per charge. Please refer the user guide before use
These wireless earbuds from Bose produce the most superior sound quality. They are ideal for you when you want to listen to music and audiobooks, take calls, and are an excellent workout accessory.
They are compatible with Bluetooth and NFC so pairing with any of your Apple devices is easy. They come in a wireless design, so you can easily rest them on your shoulders when not listening to music or audio.
While they do not have a larger neckband, these earbuds are made with silicone, making them resistant to sweat and different types of weather. They also use a lithium battery which only requires two hours to charge, and they promise at least six hours of playtime.
The pair is also compatible with the Bose Connect for easier connectivity across different devices. You don't need to worry about misplacing them, as you can track them with the Tile app.
These are excellent Bluetooth earbuds if you want to enjoy music and calls with the best sound clarity and Bose quality. Their only challenge is the 6 hours of playtime as it is little compared to other brands. However, it is a worthy compromise because you get the best quality and ergonomic support.
2. Beartwo Retractable Bluetooth Headset
- 【High-fidelity Stereo Sound Quality】- built-in high sensitivity microphone and noise canceling technology(not active noise cancellation), ensure crystal high quality sound no mater you are calling or listening to music.
- 【Outstanding Battery Performance】- The portable designed headphone built with large capacity battery, which provides up to 16 hours of continuous music time and 300 hours of standby with a single charge.
- 【Advanced Bluetooth 4.1+CVC 6.0】- latest Bluetooth 4.1chip provides fast, stable and low-power connection. These headphones are compatible with most smart phones, iPhone, Android devices and other Bluetooth Enabled Devices.
- 【Neckband Design】- Around-the-Neck wearing design with perfect Body-Contoured fit. Made of environmental ABS+PC material, light and soft to wear comfortably, perfect for long time wearing no matter in outdoor activities or in office.
- 【Foldable and Retractable Design】- Foldable design enables you to take it anywhere in your pocket or in your bag. Retractable Earbuds- a unique design for cable management, no more tangled wire obsession.
If you love using earbuds when you work out, these Beartwo retractable earbuds will get you sorted. For starters, they connect to your devices easily via Bluetooth 4.1. This connectivity is fast and reliable for continuous entertainment.
These earbuds guarantee a continuous playtime of up to 16 hours and at least 300 hours of standby mode after a single charge. The retractable design is ideal for portability and excellent wire storage. These headphones are also foldable, so not only can you hide wires, but you can also fold the accessory to fit easily into your bag.
They provide high-quality sounds when you play music. They are designed with a built-in high sensitivity microphone and noise-canceling technology, which guarantees clarity and balance when listening to music or answering calls.
The ergonomic neckband is made using environmental ABS+PC material, so it contours softly around your neck. They are light and comfortable and come with a carry case. They are also available at a friendly price and available in three colors.
3. Anker Soundcore Life U2 Bluetooth Neckband Headphones
- 24-Hour Playtime: A single charge delivers days of listening. And when you’re in a rush, recharge Life U2 neckband Bluetooth headphones via USB-C for 5 minutes and enjoy 2 hours of playtime.
- High-Quality Sound: 10 mm drivers (20% larger than ordinary earphones) have a bio-cellulose diaphragm to produce high-detail treble with superior clarity. Switch on BassUp mode for up to 70% more bass.
- Clear Calls with cVc 8.0 Noise Reduction Technology: Your voice is picked up and enhanced while background noise is effectively suppressed to ensure you’re heard in exceptional clarity even if you’re in a noisy environment.
- Ergonomic 3D Comfort: Life U2 neckband Bluetooth headphones have a lightweight silicone neckband with a titanium alloy steel core to ensure a snug fit on your shoulders and superior shape retention.
- IPX7 Waterproof: A waterproof casing protects Life U2 neckband Bluetooth headphones against rain, water, and more.
If you are looking for Bluetooth earbuds with the best battery life, sound quality, ergonomic support, and easy storage, look no further than this pair from Anker.
The headphones offer 24 hours of listening after a single charge. What's better, when you are late or in a hurry, you can charge this pair for five minutes, and it will reward you with at least two hours of entertainment.
They come with a retractable wire design with a foldable, comfortable neckband. The neckband easily contours to your neck and is made with silicone and a titanium alloy core to guarantee flexibility and waterproof features. The accessory has an IPX7 Waterproof rating.
The Anker Soundcore U2 headset works with the Bluetooth 5.0 version and is equipped with 10mm audio drivers with a bio-cellulose diaphragm to produce the best treble and sound quality. If you are looking for more qualities, you can turn on the Bass Mode and enjoy 70% more bass.
These earbuds are ideal for exercise, listening to music or audiobooks, or even making calls. They come with a noise-canceling technology that picks up your voice and tones down surrounding sounds for clarity.
4. LG Tone Flex HBS-XL7 Bluetooth Wireless Stereo Neckband Earbuds
- 32-Bit hi-fi dac-get premium-quality sound that lasts for hours. 32-Bit hi-fi DAC upscale audio files to a higher resolution without compromising battery endurance
- Sound by meridian-experience three-dimensional audio that’s remarkably close to the original recording with rich bass and clear treble
- Fast access & response from Google assistant - just press and hold the Google Assistant button
- Dedicated Google assistant button-activate your personal concierge without having to reach for your phone. Just push and hold the dedicated Google assistant button to ask questions or translate many languages
- Fast charging-no time? No problem. Just 10 minutes of charging will give you three hours of playtime
These Bluetooth earbuds from LG have the best sound and fast charging features. They come in an ergonomic neckband design and are compatible with all gadgets that have Bluetooth.
LG is a leading electronics brand that promises Life is Good, and they confirm that with these earbuds. When you buy earbuds, the one constant worry you always have is if the sound will match the hype or expectations. The earbuds are designed with the latest technology; a 32-Bit hi-fi DAC and a 32-Bit hi-fi DAC.
These two features guarantee quality sound for long hours and also upscale poor quality files to higher resolutions for better listening, without affecting battery life. The headset works with 3D Meridian audio technology that adds life to music files, so they sound closest to the original recording.
They charge fast using a Type-C charging cable, and after a full charge, they can last up to eight hours of continuous listening. When in a hurry, you can plug them in for 10 minutes and get guaranteed entertainment for at least 3 hours.
Your call quality is also guaranteed; these earbuds come with two mics that balance your voice, so the person on the other line hears you clearly. The neckband is made with superior materials and contours comfortably on your shoulders.
These LG earbuds are compatible with Google Assistant, so you can give instructions without having to touch your phone. To use it, press and hold the Google Assitant button and ask for a different song or anything else you want.
5. Levin Bluetooth 4.1 Neckband Wireless Over-Ear Headphones
These over-the-ear Bluetooth headphones guarantee superior sound quality and come in a retractable, ergonomic design that keeps all stressful wires out of sight.
They work with Bluetooth 4.1 version and are compatible with all smartphones, tablets, and Bluetooth-compatible devices. For best performance, make sure to stay within 10m of your device.
They come in a retractable design, with a lightweight headband that sits comfortably around your neck throughout any activity; running, jumping, mowing, relaxing, and more. The pair is also sweatproof.
They guarantee the best sound quality for songs, audiobooks, and calls. They work with Hi-Fi Stereo technology that clears unnecessary sounds and noises to deliver the clearest audio. Additionally, they have an in-built microphone, so you can use it to make or receive phone calls.
These headphones work with a lithium polymer battery that holds the charge for over 12 hours when in use. They charge fast, only requiring 2.5 hours to complete. They are affordable earbuds that come with a 12-month satisfaction warranty.
Factors You Can Consider When Buying the Best Bluetooth Retractable Earbuds
As you research which neckband earbuds are ideal for you, you might want to consider the following factors to ensure you get the best buy.
a) How you intend to use the wireless headphones
How or when you intend to use your retractable headphones can be your best idea for which pair to go for. Consider the following scenarios;
- If you want retractable earbuds to bring with you to workouts, it will be better to buy a lightweight, sweatproof pair. Noise reduction is also another feature to look for because you don't want the sound of workout equipment overpowering your energetic songs.
- If you want a pair to use for songs, movies, or audiobooks at home, a pair with noise reduction, long battery life, and great sound quality is ideal. Additionally, you can look for one with a thick neckband because it will improve comfort as you stay in one place for a long period.
- If you want a pair to use for work-related duties, ensure you get a pair with an in-built microphone for the best call quality. Additionally, you can find a pair whose neckband has a vibrate feature to alert you of an incoming call.
b) Sound quality
You want to buy a pair of retractable headphones because you want better sound quality. As such, it makes sense to be very picky when choosing between headphone models.
One of the few aspects you can consider is the type or version of Bluetooth connectivity. The latest versions of Bluetooth guarantee better frequency response.
Additionally, you can also check the headphone's voice control buttons. It is best to ensure it has your ideal button placement and that the buttons can improve the sound quality as you increase or decrease volume.
Noise cancelation is another vital feature in your retractable earbuds. Your Bluetooth earbuds need to use superior technology to filter out unwanted noises to leave you with only the clearest music or audio.
c) Design and durability
The way your retractable neckband headphones are designed determines how long they can last. Retractable earbuds are very durable because of their neckband design that keeps the cables out of reach. Additionally, the wireless connections eliminate the need to plug them into your devices.
However, it is vital to check the cable and neck strap material before you buy. The best headphone cables are made with silicone, and the neckband made with durable material that can withstand heavy use without breaking.
Before you purchase, ensure you can get the necessary accessories for the retractable earbuds. These are pieces like chargers, carry cases, and extra ear tips.
e) Battery life
All retractable earbuds and wireless headphones use batteries to perform. Thus, a good option for you will be the pair with the longest battery life.
However, note that the best neckband headphones are equipped with more advanced features like audio drivers and speaker technology, microphones, and more, ultimately draining the battery faster.
When buying any products, the budget you have dictates how good a product you can get. The case is similar when buying retractable earphones. The bigger the budget, the better the quality you get.
The best retractable Bluetooth headphones are ideal for all music lovers, gym lovers, audiobook lovers, and generally everyone who wants a headset on their ears. When buying them, it helps to consider the Bluetooth range, volume buttons placement, voice controls, and other settings that make the pair worth the money.
The Bluetooth neckband headphones shared in this article tick all the boxes for superior audio quality, durability, reliable wireless connection and a high-frequency range, and value for money. Hopefully, you can find your best choice here while using the mentioned factors to guide you.