Are you fed up with irritation or acne ruining your skin after every shave? You're not alone. Sooner or later, most people transition from razor blades to electric shavers for being far more tender to their facial hair. So, if you're on the lookout for the best men's electric shavers, it doesn't get any better than Panasonic.
The Japanese brand has a solid reputation when it comes to powerful, versatile products. Their electric razors are no exception, featuring the characteristic high-quality build, wet and dry operation, a comfortable shave, plus a lot more add-ons. We've compiled a list of 5 top picks to help you narrow down to the best Panasonic men's shaver to fit your needs.
Best Panasonic Mens Shaver
1. Best Overall: Panasonic Arc 5 ES-LV95 Electric Razor
- 5-Blade Shaving System for a Close Shave: The Panasonic five blade foil shaver uses micro-thin outer foils and ultra-sharp inner blades to capture and lift whiskers, cutting cleanly at the base
- Efficient, Hyper-Performance Linear Motor: Ultra-fast linear motor powers 70,000 cross-cutting actions per minute to drive mens shaver blades through thick, dense hair with ease
- Shave Sensor and Multi-Flex Shaver Head: Intelligent sensor detects beard density and adjusts motor speed while a shaver head pivots in various directions to follow contours of the neck, chin and jaw for maximum comfort
- Wet/Dry Operation and Built-in Trimmer: Conveniently shave in or out of the shower; Built-in, pop-up trimmer edges and details mustaches, beards and sideburns
- Automatic Cleaning, Easy to Maintain: The Clean and Charge Station keeps the ES-LV95-S mens razor clean and battery charged; Li-Ion battery provides 40-min use on a single charge
This electric shaver features the fastest linear motor drive in the world! It powers a 14,000 CPM (cuts per minute) blade cutting system. The 5-blade shaving head uses only one foil to shave flat-lying hairs while the other four focus on normally positioned hair.
The refined blades are made from hypoallergenic stainless steel. Although this doesn't guarantee full protection from allergies, it helps a lot in reducing abrasion to the bare minimum. This Panasonic electric shaver has a waterproof body and a wet & dry capability, making it ideal for men who use shaving foams and creams or shave in the shower.
This electric shaver has an LCD screen to check the battery status. It also comes with a cleaning and charging station. At just the click of a button, the station polishes and charges your shaver getting it ready for action later.
The Panasonic Arc5 electric razor also sports a pop-up trimmer that's noticeably sharp. It captures the tiniest of details, even on sideburns. But you might have to contend with the razor head sometimes getting in the way of the trimmer when you're shaving the upper lip area.
2. Best Alternative: Panasonic Arc 4 ES8243AA Electric Razor
- Ultra sharp men's shaver blades: Panasonic arc4 men's electric shaver; 4 precision honed 30° nanotech blades and arc foil follow facial contours for a quick, close and comfortable shave
- Wet/dry electric shaver and trimmer pop up trimmer details mustaches, beards and sideburns; Wet dry waterproof shaver can be used for a quick dry shave any time, or over the sink or in the shower
- Flexible pivoting head conforms naturally to the face, chin, neck and jaw; Shaving sensor monitors differences in beard densities to instantly adjust cutting power for smooth, even shaving
- High performance linear motor drive: Panasonic arc4 shaver is equipped with a linear motor to deliver 13,000 cuts per minute and maintains peak power up to the end of every battery charge
- Blue illuminated LCD: Quick read display shows shave timer, battery indicator, cleaning reminder, sonic vibration cleaning mode, blade/foil replacement reminder and battery charge indicator
This is a scaled-down version of the Arc 5, coming with a 4-blade shaving system with 3 foils; one for flat-lying hairs and 3 for normal facial hair. The motor drive on this electric shaver is also a lower 13,000 CPM.
However, the Arc 4's pop-up trimmer is much more accurate than the Arc 5. The razor head never interferes with the direction of the trimmer, giving you complete access to the upper lip area. Its wet & dry application is equally excellent, owing to the waterproof body.
Furthermore, it also solves an annoying problem for most men, where performance deteriorates as the battery depletes. This electric shaver manages to deliver consistent linear motor power until the battery runs out of juice completely. It also features an LCD screen that displays the battery status, cleaning modes (including Sonic Vibration Cleaning mode) as well as a low battery indicator.
The only significant drawback of this Panasonic shaver is the average performance on neck hair. Occasionally, you'll have to run the razor over the targeted areas multiple times for a close shave.
3. Best Premium: Panasonic ES-LV9Q Wet & Dry Shaver with Charging Stand
- Innovative: the premium razor allows maximum adaptation to the contours of the face with its 5D shaving head
- Comfortable: with just one pull, the 5-fold shaving head captures almost all hair - whether a dry or wet shave is preferred
- Elegant: with its high-quality materials, the men's razor meets the highest standards in quality, aesthetics and feel
- Intelligent: packed with thoughtful features, the Panasonic LV9Q stands for a clean, close shave and a noticeably unique result
- Box contents: 1 x Panasonic premium beard razor ES-LV9Q, 1 x power supply EU Scoket + EU to US Plug converter, 1 x cleaning & charging station, 1 x storage case, 1 x cleaning brush, 1 x oil, 1 x cleaning agent
If you're looking for a feature-packed Panasonic shaver, the ES-LV9Q is an impressive option to consider.
The shaver features a 5-blade cutting system with a 14,000 CPM, making it excellent even for neck hair. It also has 3 foils for shaving flat-lying hairs. Furthermore, these foils have a 30° tilt for detailed, close shaves, meaning you get the performance of a traditional razor minus the pain.
It has an LCD screen that displays the shaver's performance, indicating the battery's discharge rate, low battery and foil replacement alerts. You'll also probably like the flexible pivoting heating since it hardly ever cramps the pop-up trimmer. This is a great waterproof electric shaver, especially if you're switching from manual shavers that need shaving cream.
Just as noteworthy, this premium electric shaver comes with a charging and cleaning station. It features the convenient one-click Sonic Vibration Cleaning Mode. All you have to do is leave the shaver upturned, hit the button and let the station do the rest.
4. Best Budget: Panasonic Arc 3 ES8103S
- Sharp men’s shaver blades: Panasonic arc3 men's electric shaver with 3 ultra-sharp nanotech blades and ultra-thin arc foil follow facial contours for a quick, close and comfortable shave
- Wet/dry electric shaver and trimmer 2 in 1: Build-in pop up trimmer details mustaches, beards and sideburns; Wet/dry waterproof shaver allows for convenient shaving in or out of the shower
- Flexible pivoting head: Panasonic flexible pivoting electric shaver head glides effortlessly to trace the individual contours of face, chin, neck and jaw
- High performance motor with a linear drive: This Panasonic shaver is equipped with a linear motor which delivers 13,000 cuts per minute and maintains peak power up to the end of every battery charge
- LCD battery indicator and sonic cleaning: The shaver’s 10 stage Lcd shows battery status at a glance, and sonic vibration cleaning mode removes stubble easily; Rechargeable, portable and travel friendly
If you're looking for a budget Panasonic shaver, the Arc 3 is undoubtedly your best value-for-money option. This is an affordably priced product that simply gets the basics right.
It has 13,000 CPM linear motor power, matching up to some of the best on this guide. The price cut comes in the form of a nanotech 3-blade system, which might make it a bit more challenging to get a sheeny shave. But it more than makes up with an exceptional wet and dry application, considering its price point.
The electric razor head comes in an ergonomic, multi-flex design. Cleaning the head is fairly easy, partly thanks to the waterproof body. Furthermore, this Panasonic shaver features the efficient Sonic Cleaning Mode.
The only issue you'll have to reckon with for this shaver is underwhelming battery life and perhaps a less powered motor.
5. Best Power Management: Panasonic ES-LV97-K
- High-Performance Motor for a Fast, Powerful Shave: Panasonic ARC 5 mens electric razor uses an ultra-fast motor & 5-blade system to deliver up to 70,000 cross cuts per minute, making shaving quicker, smoother, and more efficient; shave wet or dry
- Flexible 16-D Shaving Head: Pivots effortlessly in 16 directions independently to follow and conform to the skin's natural contours and keep in close contact with the face, neck, chin and jaw
- Advanced Intelligent Shave Sensor: Senses beard densities 220 times/sec and adjusts power 14 times/sec as you shave, ensuring smooth, even results
- An Incredibly Close Shave: Stainless steel inner blades, precision honed to an acute 30-degrees, and outer foil shaver system work to lift, capture and cut through even thick, dense beards with ease
- Automatic Clean and Charge Station: Keeps your ES-LV97-K mens razor free of stubble and battery charged. Replacement blade and foil set WES9032P ensures a consistently clean, close, shave
This is a mid-range electric shaver that lets you explore the full potential of high-end Panasonic shavers.
It packs a powerful 14,000-CPM motor. It has a 5-blade cutting system, dedicating only a single coil to flat-lying hairs. This means the electric shaver hardly ever irritates your skin or causes acne. The multi-flex pivoting head doesn't stand in the way of the pop-up trimmer, meaning you have full access to the upper lip and sideburns.
Its design helps it to adapt to 16 different directions. This offers the same experience as a rotary shaver but with the accuracy and close-shaving ability of a foil shaver. This electric shaver also features a minimalistic LCD display that shows the battery status in 10% intervals, available usage time, low battery alerts and cleaning status.
Perhaps the biggest draw on this Panasonic shaver is its power management. It has an onboard active shave sensor, which works out the density and thickness of your facial so that it can adjust power consumption accordingly. This means you'll hardly ever run out of power in a single shaving session.
Factors to Consider in the Best Panasonic Electric Shaver
Plenty of factors make up the best Panasonic mens shaver. The best thing about Panasonic is that you can rest assured you're buying a high-end, reliable product. Most aspects to consider trickle down to particular needs and preferences.
1. Motor Speed and Foils
Panasonic is well-known to have been the pioneers of power motors in electric shavers. Motor drive is measured by cuts per minute (CPM). Typically, the higher the shaver's CPM, the better its overall performance, with the sweet spot falling around 13,000 CPM.
You'll certainly feel the stark contrast between a rotary shaver to a Panasonic electric foil shaver instantly. Foils are designed to cut hair in any direction, which helps to trim ever-elusive flat hairs. On some of the models, the foils even hide beneath the blades, doing all the action behind the scenes.
2. Power Efficiency
A cordless shaver with a rechargeable battery is what comes to most people's minds at the thought of an electric razor. All Panasonic electric shavers have more than decent battery life. Most of them average the industry standard 45 mins of use per every 1 hour of charge.
This should be sufficient power to get you through a full shave. But you also have to maintain your battery health in optimal conditions. First, you should charge you charge your electric shaver as soon as you get it. Second, you should always let the battery drain out completely before charging it back to 100%.
Some of the latest Panasonic electric shavers come with an inbuilt shaving sensor. It's a nifty feature that optimizes the motor's performance depending on the thickness and density of your beard.
Generally, any electric shaver from this brand is pretty easy to clean. The premium models even come with clean stations that do more than just clean the shaver. Once the shaving head is inserted, the device automatically washes it with a special disinfectant, lubricates the blades, dries everything up, and to cap it off, charges the electric shaver. It would certainly be remiss not to give due credit to Panasonic for such a display of innovation and convenience.
It's also important to remember that most electric shavers nowadays come with a dry & wet capability. As such, there's no need to opt for an option that only shaves dry. Waterproof shavers let you detach the razer head for a quick rinse. This means you don't have to worry about post-shave irritations constantly.
Plus, a fair number of electric shavers from Panasonic have a Sonic Vibration Cleaning Mode, activated by long-pressing the power button. On activation, the blades pick up the highest possible pace to get rid of even the tiny things stuck in your shaver, leaving it stubble-free!
It's very easy to get carried away by the aesthetics of an electric shaver and forget about the ergonomic side. It's just as important to factor in the comfort of the razor head and the ease to use. Unsurprisingly, this is not something you'll have to worry about with Panasonic shavers.
Their shavers feature brilliant, unmatched ergonomics, particularly the multi-flex pivoting head, in which Panasonic takes great pride. This new blade technology features a 3D head that glides smoothly on your skin for even gentler shaves, thanks to the almost 360° resilience. The head compresses when you apply pressure on the area you're shaving, thus reducing friction. Furthermore, the multi-flex head moves along three independent axes, making it quite easy to move around the targeted areas.
Panasonic also incorporates intuitive controls and visuals in its electric shavers' LCD panels. This helps you to keep an eye on your battery status as you charge. Additionally, it can also alert you when the shaver needs cleaning.
Frequently Asked Questions about Panasonic Electric Shavers?
1. Which one is better: Rotary shaver or foil Shaver?
It depends on personal preference. The biggest appeal to foil shavers is the up to a 5-blade system so far in comparison to 3 rotary heads. Therefore, they inspire more confidence for an acne-free, smooth shaving session.
2. How frequently should the coils and blades of a Panasonic shaver be replaced?
Everyone has their own idea of how often blades and coils should be replaced. Generally, most people reckon that you should change these components at least once a year, or after 18 months maximum. This frequency should be enough to maintain your electric shaver in its prime.
3. Can I get skin irritation from Panasonic electric shavers?
Typically, the Panasonic blades are made of hypoallergenic stainless steel to reduce skin irritation and acne, particularly in the nether regions. However, if your shaver has more than one coil for cutting flat-lying hairs, you'll be more likely to get irritation if your skin is sensitive. That being said, Panasonic shavers are exceptionally gentle on the skin.