If you take gaming seriously, then you will find the Intel Core i7-9700K a very powerful gaming CPU. It is designed to feature eight cores, a lot of power as well as high frequencies. Its lack to churn hyperthreading notwithstanding, it is able to churn decent framerates when paired with a powerful GPU.
For the Intel Core i7-9700K to produce its full potential, it requires a good quality motherboard that has the ability to support overclocking. Fortunately, the market has a variety of motherboards that can be considered for that specific purpose. This article will show you the most appropriate motherboards for the Intel Core i7-9700K and also give you nuggets of wisdom pertaining to the factors that you should look into when you buy them.
The Best Motherboards For The i7 9700K
1 . MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Motherboard
- Supports 9th i9-9900K, i7-9700K, i5-9600K and 8th Generation Intel Core / Pentium Gold / Celeron processors for LGA 1151 socket
- Supports dual channel DDR4 Memory, up to 4400(OC) MHz; DIMM Slots: 4.Operating system: Support for Windows 10 64-bit
- 2x TURBO M.2, Intel Optane Memory Ready, Turbo USB 3.1 GEN2; USB 2.0 ports (Front): 4
- MYSTIC LIGHT: 16.8 million colors / 29 effects. Connect RGB or RAINBOW LED strips with addressable headers and create an RGB gaming PC. Control Mystic Light SYNC enabled products
- Built for high-performance gaming - Extended heatsink, ATX form factor ready for multi-GPU
This motherboard is among the best choices for the Core i7-9700K since it comes accompanied by an 11 phase VRM that is well designed to produce OC support and very excellent work. This board is packed with very excellent features that range from the DDR4 4400 RAM support and the 128GB of memory. It also comes accompanied by 6 SATA 6Gb/s ports as well as 2 M.2 slots where one is armored.
It also has five expansion ports in total, with two of them being PCIe x16 (x16 and x8) and three being PCIe x1. The two ports are armored. When it comes to the audio output, this particular motherboard has a 7.1 channel support that is also accompanied by an optical out and an onboard amplifier.
On the back, it has three USB 3.1 Gen2 and two USB 2.0 and also a USB-Type C port that is able to support speeds of up to 10 Gigabytes. The backside is armored and also comes with a preinstalled shielding for maximum support. When it comes to different color effects, it has the Mystic Light RGP technology that also allows the user to install RGB LED strips to provide a full light show.
2 . ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero (Wi-Fi) Z390 Gaming Motherboard
- Designed for 9th 8th Generation Intel Core processors maximize connectivity, speed with Dual M.2, USB 3.1 Gen 2, on board 802.11AC Wi Fi and ASUS optimum II for better DRAM overclocking stability
- Revamped 5 way Optimization over clocks Intelligently based on smart prediction and thermal telemetry while FanXpert 4 delivers dynamic system cooling
- Aura Sync RGB lighting with addressable headers features a nearly endless spectrum of colors with the ability to synchronize effects across an ever expanding ecosystem of AURA Sync enabled products
- Pre mounted I/O shield ensures streamlined installation and represents ROG's attention to detail and quality
This product is without an iota of doubt a winner since it is able to appeal to quite a number of people. It is designed to allow maximum overclocking and, at the same time, featuring an onboard clocking generator that is inbuilt for the most dynamic clocks to the CPU core. This product is also well respected for its 5-way dynamic optimization system as well as the simple and yet flexible design that makes sure that there is uniform tweaking everywhere in the system. Owing to its good technology, this motherboard ensures that there is an automatic tuning that is made possible by the optimization technology, therefore, giving the user full manual control.
Better still, it allows very well fine-tuned storage of audio and therefore, being very convenient for a regular update of the systems. This product is most attractive to online streaming enthusiasts and gamers since it has a perfect cooling system. All four headers can easily be set using the thermal sensors and the monitor to ensure that the product rarely heats up. Because of the AURA sync technology that it is accompanied by, it allows the user to have a wide ecosystem that allows the use of all compatible items hence allowing a lot of personalization.
3 . EVGA Z390 FTW
- Intel Z390 Chipset, supports Intel Core 8th & 9Thgeneration Processor Family for LGA1151 Socket
- Atx Form Factor
- 4 DIMM Dual-Channel up to 64GB 4133+ MHz
- 6 USB 2.0 Ports (2x rear panel, 4x from 2 internal headers), 5 USB 3.1 Gen2 ports (4x rear panel Type-A, 1Xtype-c from internal header)
- 6 SATA, 2 M.2 Key-M 80mm and 110mm up to 32Gbps, 1 M.2 Key-E 32mm, 1x Intel i219 Gigabit NIC (10/100/1000)
This particular model has been able to revamp the system by having a lot of features for a cost that is affordable to many. This motherboard has a lot of compatibilities that makes it possible for it to support different Intel Core processors. A lot of customers also like its ATX form of the model that is able to allow it to have more slots and, on top of that, better expandability functions.
Another very good feature it has is the overclocking technology that makes it easily stand out since, unlike other models in the market, it does not require a lot of time and energy to unlock. This ability has been proven to allow it to enhance the standard clock rate of the system, which is already designed by the manufacturer. This model is particularly liked by users who want ease and convenience combined.
4 . GIGABYTE Z390 I AORUS PRO WiFi Gaming Motherboard
- Supports 9th and 8th Gen Intel Core processors
- Dual Channel Non-ECC Unbuffered DDR4, 2 DIMMs
- Intel Optane Memory Ready
- 6 phases IR digital VRM solution with powirstage
- Advanced thermal design with extended fin heatsink.Onboard Intel CNVi 802.11AC 2x2 wave 2 Wi-Fi.Alc1220-vb enhance 114db(rear)/ 110db(front) SNR in microphone with WIMA Audio Capacitors.Intel Gigabit LAN with cFosSpeed.Rgb FUSION with Multi-Zone addressable LED light Show Design, supports addressable LED & RGB LED strips.Smart Fan 5 features Multiple Temperature Sensors and Hybrid Fan Headers with FAN STOP
This particular model is considered among the best motherboards for i7 9700K owing to its strong hard case that incorporates greatness and innovation. The material it is made of is pretty durable, which gives it an upper advantage when it comes to lasting longer. Just like with many other makes, this one has a 5-way diverse optimization system that makes sure that it stands out, and when combined with the five fans, it is able to enhance the high experience.
Some may just classify it as the best motherboard for i7 since it is highly compatible with many processors and therefore being a favorite among gamers. It also has an outstanding VRM design that is very well designed to support any personal computer. With the presence of sound boosters and the best graphics card, it qualifies to have the best appeal for any avid gamer who is looking for an epic motherboard. It also has thermal detectors that ensure that, at all times, it cools the temperature levels, notwithstanding.
5 . GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS ULTRA Gaming Motherboard
- Supports 9th and 8th Intel Core processors
- Dual channel Non-ECC Unbuffered DDR4, 4 DIMMs
- New 10+2 Phases digital PWM design
- NVME PCIe Gen3 x4 22110 M.2 Connector
- Multi-way Graphics support with PCIe Armor and ultra-durable design
This is also among the best motherboards for i7 9700K owing to the high-end features that make it deliver exceptional quality. It is considered a favorite by gamers since it has RGB fusion that, when coupled with the digital LED, shines beautifully on the chrome pallet that accompanies the motherboard, therefore, allowing the user to fully customize the colors and redesign them.
Its advanced thermal technology makes it stand out when compared to others. It has an amazing heat sink design and also a direct pipe that allows perfect heat dissipation to happen. It also has heat pads that are very integral in the enhancement of the overall system.
Different from a lot of motherboards that do not have a Wi-Fi connection, this one has. It has the best technology that supports wireless connection that is way ahead of time and, therefore, being a very good choice for gamers and video viewers who would like to stream their content online.
Considerations To Make When Looking For A Motherboard For The Intel Core i7-9700K.
The motherboard forms a very integral part of the computer and as such, only the best quality should be chosen. If the motherboard choice is a good one, then it makes sure that the computer delivers optimum quality every time it is in use. Below are some of the most important factors to consider when choosing a motherboard for the Intel Core i7-9700K.
1 . Compatibility
This is the most imperative factor to ponder on when choosing a motherboard for any computer. When the compatibility is good, the computer ends up operating very smoothly.
2 . Ram
The ram that the motherboard has should be well capable of handling the user computer. Currently, the best ones in the market have the ability to hold up to 16GB of memory. A decent quality motherboard should have not less than four slots that can easily be updated.
3 . PCI Slots
These are the cards that are fitted at the side of the motherboard and have abilities to support different components like video, sound as well as internet modems. If a motherboard has a high number of slots, then better it is when it comes to delivery. For the avid gamer, the best motherboard should have around 16 slots.
4 . Form
- Depending on the buyer, there are three main factors that dictate the choice of the motherboard. Each form has a different size and shape that is tailored to offer specific compatibility. The number of slots that every motherboard has is determined by size.
Frequently Asked Questions About The Best Motherboard For i7 9700K
1 . What Is The Motherboard's Function?
The computer relies on the motherboard for all matters related to hardware compatibility. It manages the system and overlooks it, and, in the process, lets the user manage the software by adding the desired hardware.
2 . Is The i7 9700K Good For Streaming Content?
Absolutely. It has the best graphic cards as well as audio boosters that are good components when it comes to delivering the best quality content. However, in the event that the user requires high optimal streaming, overlocking is required.
As this article discusses above, the precise choice for the best motherboard for i7 9700K will be largely determined by the exact features that a computer owner wants. Since the best motherboards in the market have been well-reviewed, it will not prove any difficult for anyone looking to get the best value for money in a motherboard.
Having a good quality motherboard will not only prove to be an asset when working, streaming, or playing games, it will also be an avenue for more learning to continue. A well elaborate choice for a motherboard for i7 will turn the casual gamer into a professional trader, the casual forex trader into a professional and calculative trader, and many other casual people to professional experts. At the end of the day, the speed a computer has does not only enhance accuracy, but it also improves the results to a very high degree.