Your typical router is designed to optimally serve in single room spaces with the strongest wireless signal. However, once you go beyond the walls into other rooms, the Wifi network becomes significantly weak. While your device might still connect to the router, the internet can be slower and inconvenient for online activities that involve streaming. Therefore, you need a long-range router to make up for the extra strength needed and to connect to other people in case there are multiple users. Before we look at the best long-range router available for you, let us know what a long-range router is first.
What is a Long Range Router?
A long-range router offers a more expansive coverage area than a normal router would. As a result, a long-range Wifi router provides a stronger internet connection by focusing the signal to where it is needed most. The Wi-fi routers use special beamforming technology and multiple antennas to achieve long-range capabilities.
The best long-range routers are used for online gaming, live streams in high-definition videos, and more flawlessly streaming options.
1) TP-Link Smart Wireless Router
- JD Power Award ---Highest in customer satisfaction for wireless routers 2017 and 2019
- Router for wireless internet, works with Alexa, compatible with all Wi-Fi devices, 802.11ac and older
- Dual band router upgrades to 1750 Mbps high speed internet(450mbps for 2.4GHz, 1300Mbps for 5GHz), reducing buffering and ideal for 4K streaming
- Gigabit Router with 4 Gigabit LAN ports, fast access to multiple connected wired devices, Ideal as a gaming router
TP-Link is a beast when it comes to the internet router world. The long-range routers are known to provide the best wireless network for homes compared to other routers. TP-Link Wifi router is a JD Power Award holder and is the best-selling router on Amazon. Unlike most routers, TP-Link works with Alexa and other compatible devices.
TP-Link is a dual-band router and upgrades to 1750 Mbps with reliable signal strength for both bands. In addition, you will get 450 Mbps for 2GHz and 1300 Mbps for 5GHz, significantly reducing buffering and making the system ideal for streaming in 4k.
TP-Link has USB ports that you can use as a media server and to transfer USB drive content. The wireless router has a gigabit router and has four gigabit LAN ports for fast access to multiple wired devices. The ports make the router ideal as a gaming router.
TP-Link has an app that lets you control the home network remotely. The affordable, far-reaching router is ideal for the whole family and covers up to 2,500 square feet of floor space. The router has a powerful CPU that provides high-speed processing and is hardware-backed with advanced technology and Bandwidth prioritization (QoS).
2) TP-Link Mu-MIMO Router
- Dual band router upgrades to 1200 Mbps high speed internet (300mbps for 2.4GHz ; 900Mbps for 5GHz), reducing buffering and ideal for 4K stream
- Gigabit Router with 4 Gigabit LAN ports, ideal for any internet plan and allow you to directly connect your wired devices
- MU-MIMO technology (5GHz band) allows high speeds for multiple devices simultaneously
- AP mode, can be switched to access point mode to share your internet wirelessly
- Supports guest WiFi and parental control, an ideal wireless router for home
TP-Link continues to dominate the market with yet another router. The AC 1200 offers dual-band long-range coverage for all devices in every corner of the house. The router has been made to overcome any barriers that might result from walls and other obstacles. In addition, the router has 4 gigabit LAN ports to allow for direct connection to wired devices.
TP-Link long-range Wifi routers change the game by allowing a guest network to connect through the router. The router ensures that the guest networks using the connection do not threaten other devices linked to the router. The router is ideal for a home setting because it has a parental control that gives you the power to monitor usage in the best interest of everyone in the household. You can make the home connection better by using the TP-Link that lets you manage the network either remotely or from the comfort of your home.
The router has Mu-MIMO technology that allows the router to serve multiple devices simultaneously without congesting the network traffic while maintaining a strong Wi fi signal. TP-Link is the best Wi fi router for your home because you can switch the working mode of the Archer A6 to Access point mode to share the network with other devices.
3) Speedy AC2100 Smart Wi fi Router
- Outstanding Wireless Speed: Speedefy K7 smart wireless router supports 2100M (1733Mbps/5GHz + 300Mbps/2.4GHz) dual band gigabit WiFi. Dual cores CPU reduces buffering and provides high speed web browsing, video streaming and gaming.
- Excellent and Powerful Signal: Cutting-edge 7*6dBi external Antennas, 4*4 MU-MIMO, delivers powerful signal, coverage every corner of the room.
- Simple Setup, Easy Management: One-Stop installation is easily achieved in 5 mins. App or web interface management brings more convenience for preference setting.
- Safeguard Security of Your Internet: Complete WPA2 protocols ensure internet security, detect and prevent risks from internet in real time, keep your WiFi stable and secure.
- Various Advanced Features: Parental control manages your kids' internet access; Accelerate WiFi helps to quickly optimize your internet; Guest network separates own information from others’.
Speedefy lets you support up to 25 devices simultaneously while maintaining strong Wi-fi signals without lagging or fail. The dual-band gigabit delivers up to 2100 Mbps of data speeds. You can achieve long-range coverage at high speeds from the main router to other devices. Internet access will be consistent everywhere in the house regardless of how far you are from the router.
Speedefy gives you the option to select your preferred band to keep the internet speeds high at all times. The dual-core CPU in the router reduces any lagging and provides maximum performance for the devices. You can game or stream high-definition videos without worrying about anything.
The Wi-fi is secure and reliable and reacts to any suspected characters that might threaten the system and devices. In addition, the system safeguards your data and prioritizes your privacy over any intruders.
You can manage the system remotely using an app on your phone. You can protect minors in your household and monitor the Wi fi usage for better planning and execution. In addition, you can create unaided guest Wi-fi zones for security to the home network and easy management of the Wi fi.
4) NETGEAR Nighthawk 6 Stream
- WIFI 6 – STREAM EVERYTHING AT EPIC SPEED: Simultaneously stream uninterrupted movies, games, video calls or download/transfer files at 10.8Gbps Wi-Fi speed. Works with existing and new Wi-Fi 6 devices like iPhone 11, Galaxy Note 10 and Galaxy S10
- WORKS WITH ALL INTERNET PROVIDERS: Replace your existing Wi-Fi Router (separate modem or gateway required). Compatible with any Internet Service Provider up to 2Gbps including cable, satellite, fiber, DSL and more
- EASY TO SET-UP AND MANAGE: Connects to your existing cable modem and sets up and customizes in minutes with the Nighthawk app – easily manage your Wi-Fi settings at the device and network level, test your Internet speed, view speed history and monitor data usage
- USB CONNECTIONS: Share a storage drive with any connected device and create a personal cloud storage to access from anywhere using the 2 x 3.0 USB ports
- NETGEAR ARMOR POWERED BY BITDEFENDER: The world’s leading cybersecurity protects all your home devices from virus, malware, and data theft with a 30-day free trial.
You can do everything at an epic speed with NETGEAR. The router works with Wi fi 6 devices like the iPhone 11, Galaxy S10, and Galaxy Note 10. In addition, NETGEAR works with any internet service provider making it easy to incorporate into an already existing system. NETGEAR can work as satellite routers and can work with cable, fiber, DSL, and more.
The router is easy to mount and use. You can connect the system to already existing cable systems and modems. You can customize the router with an app in a matter of minutes to start using it and enjoying quality connectivity. The app helps you manage the router, check speeds, and monitor data usage. NETGEAR further lets you share a storage drive with other devices via a USB connection. You can create cloud storage to access the data from anywhere at any time.
NETGEAR has Armor-powered BITDEFENDER to protect your home from malware, viruses, and data theft. You have a 30 day free trial period to experience absolute efficiency. NETGEAR offers the latest technology for easy compatibility with other devices and maximum efficiency when functioning. The router is designed with a 1.8GHz triple-core processor, OFDMA, Mu-MIMO, beamforming technologies, and more. You can connect the router to smart home devices via Alexa or Google Assistant.
The router supports WPA2/WPA3 security protocols.
5) ASUS ROG Rapture GT
- Triple level game acceleration accelerate game traffic With device, game packet and game server prioritization
- Cutting edge hardware offers the best performance 1.8 GigaHertz Quad Core cpu and 2.5 G gaming port for ultimate performance
- Your own gaming mesh network Compatible with ASUS AiMesh Wi Fi system for seamless whole home coverage.Memory:256 MB Flash,1 GB RAM
- ASUS wrt enables support for open, advanced monitoring and control which includes device bandwidth utilization as well as device or usage prioritization
- ASUS AiProtection security to neutralize internet threats before they hit your network
If you are a gamer or a serious streamer, a great connection to the internet is required. Private networks drag down the game, and a wireless router lets you run a VPN and a wireless, ordinary internet connection simultaneously. ASUS has a gaming fusion system that ensures you play at maximum speeds in normal connection when someone else uses VPN. Winning is the priority when gaming, and you can not gamble with internet connectivity when it comes to being the best.
You will experience no lags, and the Wi fi router will power through to give you the best experience. ASUS ROG Rapture GT is the best router for a whole-home network system. The router has a system that delivers reliable mesh Wi fi to every part of the house. The Wi fi signal remains strong anywhere you go in the house without experiencing any lags with the connectivity. AiMesh is powerful, and you can use any ASUS mesh router model to keep your investment relatively lower compared to the very high returns.
Wireless devices no longer have to depend on how far or close they are from the router. The router has a range boost that enhances internet coverage for the multiple devices connected. The long-range wireless router lets you choose where to play.
ASUS ROG Rapture GT Wifi routers have the capability of handling three bands of different device allocations. For example, the tri-band router allows you to allocate 5GHz bands to gaming devices, while the remaining 5GHz and 2GHz bands can be allocated to other devices. In addition, the router has speeds of up to 1900 Mbps, which is insane.
Factors to Consider Before Buying a Router
Buying the best Wi-fi long range routers come with advantages like security, strength, more bands, higher internet speeds, zero logging, and more. Therefore, it is good to know what you want to achieve before making a purchase.
Wi-fi speeds are normally quoted on the device or manual. It is important to know the speeds and what to expect. You need to know the speeds around obstacles, when there are multiple users, and when there is interference. A router should stream HD videos, play online games and share the network without worrying about reduced speeds.
b) Wi-fi Standards
Look for standards being used on the Wi fi. The standards are compatible with the numbers on the latest standard. The router should support the latest systems to function optimally. Standards dictate the speeds at which the router will operate.
Look for a Wi fi router that can set up separate wireless networks. Most of the routers in the market can do Dual or Tri-Band networks. Different bands increase the speeds and efficiency of the router. In addition, separate users can be assigned different bands to focus the strength on specific users. Just ensure the band you are using is authorized for use in your country.
Cybercrime is a modern-day challenge that needs to be checked keenly to avoid situations that put other people in tough spots. Hackers can obtain private information, and the offender can also undertake illegal surveillance on you and your devices. In addition, malicious software and viruses can bring down the system if the router is not well protected. Ensure the router has systems to mitigate any danger that might come by.
e) Return Policy
Your router needs to be returned if it is not compatible with your existing devices or if it is not suitable for your home use. The return policy helps you get assistance in case there are functional issues with the router. The best way to trust a company for their products is if they have a good return policy. If you are unsure about installation, you can ask the company to provide the service.