We all appreciate sound in our own various ways. It could be while watching Netflix, while gaming, or listening to your music playlist. Whatever the case, having a good set of computer speakers can come in really handy in ensuring you have an immersive experience.
Computer speakers come in various forms, and you can always find those within your budget. The best part is that you can find the best computer speakers without breaking the bank.
We listed down the 5 best computer speakers under 100 in the market and also outlined a guide with features to consider when buying them.
The Best Computer Speakers Under 100
1. Bose Companion 2 Series III
- High quality audio performance, with clear sound at any volume. Use the auxiliary input to bring Bose performance to another audio source such as your iPhone or iPad. Upgrade your sound and your experience with Bose Companion 2 Series III speakers
- Play an additional device just connect to the auxiliary input
- Volume controlheadphone jack on front of the right speaker
- Operating compatibility: Mac, Windows XP
Bose is a well-known brand in the sound and music industry. They are one of the best computer speakers under 100 that come without a subwoofer. The bookshelf speakers offer smooth audio with refined tones. Through its unique digital signal processing, the speakers can produce consistently clear, full sound at any volume.
The speakers can connect to the PC through a 4 feet wire. The front of the right speaker features a volume control button and a headphone jack. The speakers also feature an auxiliary input and have two 3.5 mm ports. The highs are more refined and toned. The treble and bass are well balanced. The midrange is clear and crisp.
2. Logitech Speaker System Z523
- Room-Filling Logitech 360-degree sound for an immersive music, movie and game experience
- Down-firing subwoofer with 6.5-in pressure driver delivers ultra-deep bass without distortion
- Quick-connect inputs let you easily plug in your DVD player, game console, iPod and headphones
- 40 watts (RMS) of power for big, rich, detailed sound. Convenient on-speaker controls put volume adjustment at your fingertips
This speaker system comes with a subwoofer and ideal if you are looking to save space on your desk and want speakers with volume and bass. The subwoofer holds all the cable connections, including the port of the speaker and the PC connections. The right satellite speaker has a 3.5 mm aux jack and headphone jack. The front of the speaker has the volume knob and bass level knob.
The computer speakers have 40W RMS of power. This is loud enough to reach about 10 people in a mid-sized room. The midrange and treble are decent. The two satellite speakers have front and rear-mounted drivers. Hence, they both have speaker grilles on each side.
3. Creative Pebble 2.0 Desktop Speakers
- Single USB cable for computers and laptops | enjoy a hassle-free Audio experience with a single USB cable without the need for a power adapter
- Far-field drivers and passive radiators | custom-tuned far-field driver solution with rear facing passive radiators for excellent audio and enhanced bass reproduction
- 45° elevated drivers | for enhanced audio projection and an immersive personal listening experience
- Modern and stylish aesthetics | perfect for any modern homes, offices and workspaces.
- Easy access volume control | Conveniently placed Front-facing controls for instant adjustments
If you're looking for a small and less bulky set-up, these may be the best computer speakers under 100 for you. The Creative Pebble Desktop speakers are portable and compact, meaning they can fit on your desk/workspace. You can easily move around with them. The speakers are USB-powered; hence no need for a power adapter.
The computer speaker design was inspired by the zen Japanese rock garden, resulting in the orb-shaped Creative Pebble. The Creative Pebble desktop speakers feature a 45° elevated custom-tuned far-field driver solution that directs audio to your ears, placing you in the sweet spot for great audio enjoyment.
The computer speakers feature built-in passive radiators and an impressive combined RMS power of 4.4W, allowing it to deliver balanced audio with depth, immersion, and crystal clear details. With a single dial on one of the speakers, you can control the volume. You can choose between a sleek black or clean white to match your computer or desk space. The computer speakers have a frequency response of 100 Hz ~ 17 kHz.
4. Logitech Z337
- Stream all your favorite playlists and soundtracks wirelessly from any Bluetooth enabled computer, tablet or smartphone including iPhone 7
- 80 watts of peak power blasts rich, clear and bold sound via satellite speaker set and subwoofer that fits easily in any room
- Front facing subwoofer pumps out deep bass you can hear and feel from your games, movies and music
- Home speaker system connects seamlessly to your Bluetooth devices with one press of a button
- 3.5 millimeter and RCA inputs for a plug and play wired connection to audio devices like your iPod, TV, computer, smartphone, tablet, music player, DVD player, Blu-ray player, PlayStation, Xbox and Wii
These fall under the best computer speakers under 100 because they are wireless and have Bluetooth connectivity. This allows you to stream all your favorite playlists and soundtracks wirelessly from any Bluetooth-enabled computer, tablet, or smartphone, including iPhone 7. The speaker system includes a subwoofer and 2 satellite speakers.
The speaker system has 40 watts of RMS/80 watts peak power, allowing you to blast clear and rich sound via the satellite speaker set and subwoofer. The computer speakers feature 3.5 mm and RCA inputs. The system comes with a control pad that gives easy access to Bluetooth pairing, power, volume, and the headphone jack. You can adjust the bass to your taste with the dedicated control knob on the back of the subwoofer.
5. Cyber Acoustics CA-3602FFP Sound System
- ROOM FILLING SOUND: Driven by an acoustically optimized internal power supply, this subwoofer speaker system delivers 62 watts peak power and 30 watts RMS. With this kind of power you can expect amazing sound at any volume level, filling any large room in the home or office.
- EASY TO USE: The convenient control pod gives you full control over your sound system. Adjust the volume, turn it on and off, or use the headphone output jack for those private listening moments. With easy access to the 3.5mm aux input, you can quickly connect your cell phone, tablet, MP3 player, or gaming system to really pump up the sound. Plus bass volume control allows you to fine tune the richness of the sound just the way you like it.
- RICH AUDIO: The ported 5.25” subwoofer delivers some of the deepest bass available, powerful for any audio experience, along with the satellites using twin 2” drivers deliver crisp, clean, optimized sound.
- CONTEMPORARY DESIGN: Created to look great sitting next to today's flat panel monitors, the piano black finish on the satellites will blend right in. Features power cable is 5 feet, speaker to speaker cable is separates up to 11 feet, speaker to subwoofer cable is 6 feet, input cable is 6 feet from control pod and control pod cable is 6 feet
- QUALITY GUARANTEED: Includes 1 year hassle free manufacturer warranty. AC power 110V only ; Wattage (Satellites): Each speaker: 6 watts/ch @ 4 ohm @ 10% THD
If you're a bass enthusiast, these are the best computer speakers under 100 for you. The speaker set allows you to experience full and rich bass. The speaker system features a subwoofer housed in an acoustically tuned wood cabinet with a 5.25 inch Power Pro bass driver. The satellite speakers are magnetically shielded with two-way 2-inch high-efficiency drivers, providing crisp, clean stereo separation.
The speaker system features a desktop control pod that gives you full control of the system. The control pod includes an On/Off switch, LED power indicator, master and bass volume control, headphone output jack, and 3.5 mm aux input for your phone, tablet, or gaming system. The bass volume control allows you to fine-tune the richness of the sound to your liking. The sound system comes with a 5 feet power cable, and an 11 feet cable separates the speakers. The cable separating the speaker and subwoofer is 6 feet, the input cable from the control pod is 6 feet. The sound system has a 1-year warranty.
Features To Consider When Buying The Best Computer Speakers Under 100
If you're a gamer, you may want to consider mid- speakers under 100 that will fit on your desk alongside your high-end monitor. Speakers larger than this would make your setup appear cramped, and anything smaller might not allow you to get the most out of your new speakers.
Most small speakers under 100 available on the market tend to be desktop models. They are easy to carry and don't take too much space in your bag. They have good sound quality though the downside is that they don't come with a subwoofer.
The connectivity of your speakers is important. Most speakers have their inputs on the first speaker, either on the front or rear side. While most have a 3.5 jack input at the back, allowing you to connect the speaker to the computer manually. Some speakers come with RCA ports as well. Some computer speakers have the option of connecting a wired microphone directly to the speaker.
c) Sound Quality
This can easily be considered the most important factor when deciding on the best computer speakers under 100.
Different pc speakers handle different frequency ranges.
PC speakers ideally handle three frequency ranges: low, mid, and high.
A tweeter produces a high range, and it is considered the upper limit of what humans can hear and has the highest pitch. This is commonly known as treble.
Mid-range is produced by a mid-range driver and is the most wide-ranging frequency that is emitted musically. This is where the vocals of songs come from. Low-frequencies are produced by a woofer and deliver the essential bass sounds.
If clear vocals and music with a defined higher pitch are essential to you, speakers who emphasize their tweeter size and composition are ideal.
If you enjoy listening to bass-heavy music or being heavily immersed in computer games, then you're ideally looking for computer speakers with a great woofer system. If you are an extreme bass enthusiast, you can consider a speaker system that includes a separate subwoofer. This ensures that you enjoy the deepest and most immersive experience regarding low frequencies.
A three-way speaker is best suited for those who don't prefer any of the frequencies. The computer speaker combines all three drivers into a single speaker and helps you get the most out of every frequency in your movies, music, or games.
d) 2.0 speakers vs. 2.1 speakers
2.0 speaker system is comprised of a left and right speaker with a single driver (this is the actual loudspeaker).
The 2.1 speaker system comprises a pair of speakers that can handle higher frequencies and a separate subwoofer for the bass. They tend to take up more space but often produce a more balanced sound.
e) Power Source
The power of computer speakers can be sourced in three ways; a mains wall adapter, a rechargeable battery, or a USB connection. Your choice will depend on how you'll use the speaker and its size.
The direct electrical supply tends to the most common when it comes to computer speakers. With this option, as long as you're next to a power socket/wall outlet, you can have unlimited power and use your speakers continuously. However, the downside is that your speakers are fixated on one spot.
Rechargeable batteries are a good choice for computer speakers if you use them at home but want to move around with them. However, the downside is that they do have a run time; hence when you do pump up the volume, the quicker you use up the charge.
A USB-powered speaker system is ideal for those who want portable computer speakers. All you have to do is plug the speakers into your computer or any other USB-enabled device and charge them. The downside is that it does run the risk of draining your laptop battery quicker; hence, you want to ensure you have an alternative power source.
If you don't like wires, then a Bluetooth-enabled speaker is ideal. They provide you the ability to swap between a wired connection to your computer and a wireless connection to your smartphone or tablet. This is a great way to bring all of your sound output together in one device.
g) Extra Features
- Aux Ports and Headphone Jacks
The location and existence of aux-in and headphone ports are worth considering. If the port is in a strange spot, it may be tricky to connect it to your computer. If it's not there at all, then you may need to buy a transmitter or amplifier separately. Some pc speakers feature headphone jacks which are great if you want to listen to something privately.
h) Number of pieces in the set
Speaker systems differ in that they come with different pieces in each set. Depending on your preference, some sets are larger while others are smaller. They also have features to make the speakers more appealing.
Most people tend to prefer their systems to include subwoofers as they believe that the audio quality won't be good without it. This, however, is dependent on what you're looking for in your speaker. Ideally, the best computer speakers under 100 should be able to provide good sound quality.
Frequently Asked Question About PC Speakers (FAQ)
Where should I put the subwoofer?
Subwoofers are designed to complement the sound of the satellite speakers; hence should be placed at a distance. Depending on the type of speakers, they can either be placed on the bookshelf, while the subwoofers can be put under the computer table for clear and excellent sound.
The ideal placement of the subwoofer depends on your use of the speakers and the setting of the room. Some manufacturers include pictures in their manuals of how your set-up can look like. The subwoofer should be kept at a small distance away from the speakers for better audio quality.