Buying a good gaming handset does not have to cost a fortune since the market has many different alternatives that are comfortable and fantastic to deliver the best audio sound to the user. A lot of these gaming headsets are designed to produce a wide variety of audio features that are capable of delivering the best enhanced and surround sound and, better still, a good microphone for the chatting needs of the gamer.
A lot of the available gaming headsets in the market have sizeable speaker drivers, memory foam for the ears' comfort, solid metal construction for durability, wireless connectivity for easy movement, clear microphones, and better still, virtual surround sound for the best experience. Since the market has a variety of gaming headsets, we will have a careful review of the best options in the market for anyone that is looking.
Best Cheap Gaming Headset Options To Buy
1. SteelSeries Arctis 1
- Designed for Xbox and compatible with all gaming platforms including PC, PS4, Nintendo Switch and Lite, and Mobile via the universal 3.5mm connector
- Featuring the same signature soundscape of the award-winning Arctis line, emphasizing subtle, yet critical sounds to give you an audio advantage
- Detachable ClearCast noise canceling microphone provides natural sounding clarity and is Discord certified
- Adjustable steel-reinforced headband for a perfect fit and lasting durability
- Perfect for on-the-go with a sleek, low-profile design, detachable microphone, and fold-flat earcups
This is, without any iota of doubt, the best cheap gaming headset that anyone looking for should consider buying. Being reasonably priced, it delivers every feature that the gamer fancies. For starters, it has a unique sleek design with super soft fabric earcups for maximum comfort while gaming.
The Arctis 1 is designed to be suitable for a variety of gaming genres and delivers exceedingly well when playing in online competitions. It also has an amazing microphone removal feature that is suitable for gaming on the Switch or on the PC. The Arctis 1 is, without a doubt, among the best budget gaming headsets owing to its reliable features and reasonable pricing.
2. HyperX Cloud Stinger
- Lightweight headset with 90-degree rotating ear cups.
- 50mm directional drivers for Audio precision.
- Hyperx signature Memory foam. Adjustable steel Slider.
- Intuitive Volume control on headset ear cup.
This brand designed this as among the best cheap gaming headsets that have sturdy designs that are accompanied by ear cups and soft padding to deliver the best quality sound that is coupled with comfort. This budget headset has an on-ear audio control feature that makes it completely easy for the user to control the sound when using it.
This budget headset is the perfect choice for any gamer who is looking for comfort and utmost reliability. By controlling the ear volume through the on-ear control, the wire easily splits to allow both microphone and headphone usage without needing to have a USB pass-through. The audio levels are good and, therefore, extremely reliable for users who have long gaming sessions.
3. PDP LVL50 Wired Stereo Headset
- POWERFUL PRO AUDIO - Designed to deliver precision stereo sound with 50mm HD Speaker Drivers with Windows Sonic compatibility for best spatial sound
- WIRED GAMING HEADSET WITH MIC- Officially licensed by Xbox for Xbox One, One X, Series X, Series S, PC (Windows 10 Computer). Compatible with Mac, tablet, mobile gaming with 3.5mm jack. Perfect for gaming, streaming video, Steam & Discord
- NOISE-CANCELING BOOM MIC - For crystal clear voice chat audio. Flip up to mute microphone on the fly
- ALL DAY COMFORT - Ultra-Lightweight design, durable frame, memory foam cushions cushions. Elite 16+ Hour battery life for long gaming sessions. Micro-USB charging included. Black Color
- NEXT-GEN GAMING - Tuned for top games like Halo Infinite, Diablo, Fortnite, Call of Duty (COD) Modern Warfare / Black Ops, DOTA 2, Overwatch, Rainbow 6, APEX Legends, FORZA, Monster Hunter, Gears of War. Great gifts for holidays, Christmas, birthdays
This is also another cheap gaming headset that was designed with the avid gamer who loves long gaming sessions in mind. This model offers solid and clear audio that has top-notch noise cancelling. The unique and amazing feature about it is the fact that it is designed to have distinct X-box and Playstation branded variations and with a 35 mm cable that allows it to be fully compatible with any mobile device or platform.
Its memory foam ear cups are decently comfortable and able to deliver good audio quality for the competitor gamer who loves good quality sound. It is the perfect fit for any gamer who is in search of cheap but high-quality headphones that will fit the many different budget options he might have.
4. Razer Kraken X
- Immersive, 7.1 Surround Sound for Positional Audio: Outfitted with custom-tuned 40 millimeter drivers, capable of software-enabled surround sound when used for PC gaming only (download code slip inside the box)
- Designed for All-Day Comfort: The lightest Kraken headset ever at 250 grams, around 40% lighter than the competition
- Bendable Noise Cancelling Microphone: A cardioid mic reduces background and ambient noises for crystal-clear communication
- In-Headset Audio Controls: Includes an analog volume control wheel and mic mute switch on the headset for quick and convenient adjustments
- Durable Construction: The Kraken X frame is flexible and built to last, able to withstand daily, care-free use
This is among the best budget gaming headsets that able to deliver exceptionally well when it comes to sound. This particular Razer model is lightweight, sleek, and extremely subtle with comfortable ear cups that deliver high-quality sound for long hours. Just like with many other similar models in this list, it is designed to deliver optimum comfort and, therefore, able to serve any gamer who plays for long periods.
It has a 3.55 mm connection that is able to work with different PCs and consoles for a well-balanced sound that both competitive and immersive gamers will really like. It can be compared to the Arctis 1 since they are both cheap gaming headsets that have unique features that are reserved for high-end gamer headphones.
5. HyperX Cloud Core 7.1
- [Virtual 7.1 surround sound]: Hear positional audio better and get a more immersive audio experience thanks to virtual 7.1 surround sound delivered through the Cloud Core’s digital signal processing sound card.
- [Advanced audio control box]: The USB audio control box is powerful and easy-to-use. Conveniently access mic volume, headset volume, and mute the mic without having to dig into system menus.
- [Signature HyperX comfort]: Game longer and more comfortably thanks to the comfort provided by HyperX memory foam.
- [Durable aluminum frame]: Built tough with a sturdy aluminum frame so it is better equipped to handle the wear and tear of daily use.
- [Detachable noise-cancelling microphone]: The flexible, detachable, noise-cancelling mic is Discord and TeamSpeak certified, and will give you a clear line of communication with your squadmates.
This also joins the list of best cheap gaming headsets owing to its impressive features and affordable price. Like the other headset from the same company on this list, it is reliable, comfortable, and well built.
It is designed with leatherette cups that are comfortable and, when coupled with its awesome inline controls, makes it extremely impressive. This gaming headset is designed with the unique ability to support virtual surround sound, which makes it super reliable for any gamer who wants to hear his gaming rival in all competitive games. It is uniquely designed with a removable microphone that has a 35 mm jack as well as USB connection options for use with gaming consoles, PCs, and any other devices.
Considerations To Make When Buying The Best Cheap Gaming Headphones
Before choosing the best cheap gaming headsets, it is advisable to have a keen look into a few factors so as to be in a position to get the best. Below, we are going to have a careful look into the factors that every buyer needs to adhere to before buying.
This is a key feature that anyone searching for the best gaming headphones should take into serious consideration. Fortunately, many of the best cheap gaming headphones are designed with a 35 mm jack which simply translates to them being compatible with different platforms like the Xbox, PS4, Switch, One, and the PC. However, it is still important to identify the best headphone since there are those that connect via the USB when used on the laptop and the PS4.
In as much as they are called cheap gaming headsets, they do not need to have poor sound quality. The sound has to be of good quality and able to deliver according to the specific gaming needs. If one is a long-time gamer, it is imperative to pick a gaming headset that has a comfortable sound that does not irritate the ears.
On the other hand, if one likes playing competitive and immersive gaming, it is advisable to go for a cheap gaming headset that has noise cancellation and virtual surround sound features. The better the gaming headset when it comes to sound, the better it is when it comes to improving the experience, which also plays a big role in improving the performance.
Comfort is key to any gamer who wants to achieve the best performance. Among all the preferred cheap gaming headsets, the gamer should only choose the most comfortable one. When its comfortable to the ears and the head, it is guaranteed to provide an excellent and well-balanced sound that is what every serious gamer needs to perform exceedingly well and win.
4. Price Point
The price point of the preferred best gaming handset should go in strict tandem with the budget at hand. Even though this list has the best cheap gaming headsets, they belong to different price categories, and therefore, the gamer should choose according to the desired price point.
Just like with any other product, it is important to choose a gaming headset that guarantees a high chance of being durable. The buyer should make sure that the headset has soft and comfy ear cups and that the whole body is also made of sleek and durable material.
6. Product Reviews
Going by the online product reviews about the specific headset that one is interested in, it is easy to know if it is reliable or not. If a cheap gaming headset has a lot of positive reviews, then it simply means that a lot of people have tested it and proved that it could be trusted. On the other unfortunate hand, if the reviews are poor, it means that the product is not of good quality and might not deliver the desired value for money.
The lighter the gaming headset, the better when it comes to comfort. This is not to mean that the light ones are not comfortable; it simply means that they may not have as much friction and sweat as their lighter companions, which makes them more comfortable. Any avid gamer will find light gaming headsets absolutely fantastic when playing.
8. Microphone Considerations
For the gaming headset to qualify as the best, it is supposed to have microphone needs that match with the gamer's needs. Funnily, many gamers tend to ignore the microphone, but it is a very important feature that needs serious consideration. Even though it is obviously hard to get a gaming headset that has a microphone that qualifies for audio recording capability, it is advisable to go for one that makes it possible to be well audible to the other party.
9. Wired Or Wireless
This is also an important consideration to be made by any avid gamer who is looking for the best cheap gaming headset. This is absolutely decided by the buyer's exact preference and also what both headset types are offering when it comes to the features.
Frequently Asked Questions About The Best Cheap Gaming Headsets
1. Why Is The Sorroud Sound Important In A Gaming Headset?
This feature is important since it gives the gamer an absolutely wonderful sound experience that makes the gaming soundtrack better than before. A virtual surround sound feature is important, especially for the immersive or competitive gamer, since it offers a true sound that can be compared to none and, therefore, improving a great deal on the gaming experience.
2. What Is The Most Appropriate Price To Spend On A Cheap Gaming Headset?
This will be typically decided by the budget at hand as well as the features of the particular gaming headset. Since many headsets have different prices and are endowed with different features, a gamer will decide how much to spend on a particular model based on those facts. However, many cheap gaming headsets are within the same price point and, therefore, making it absolutely easier when it comes to the spending budget for the buyer.
3. Do They Have A Similar Design?
Absolutely not. The best cheap gaming headsets are not designed to have the same outward look when it comes to the design. There are those that have either rectangular or square-like ear cups, while there are those that have round ones. If a gamer has the intention to be using the headsets in public, it is advisable to choose those that do not have strange or weird designs.
As this article discusses, it is pretty easy to pick the best cheap gaming headset that will offer one with longevity and comfortable durable service. Luckily, the market has many different brands and models, and the buyer just needs to be sure of the exact features in the headset and choose the best.
Over the years, cheap gaming headset manufacturing companies have completely gone out of their way to offer the best quality headsets that have, in return, granted many gamers the opportunity to compete professionally and win. In the coming years, the gaming culture is projected to improve, and so are the gaming headsets when it comes to improved build quality.